Friday, December 10, 2010

I "Otter" Be In Pictures





Today, I decided to see if there was anything worth taking pictures of at Whallen Lake. It is only about 2 miles from here and easy to get to. When I got there I saw something scurry across the frozen snow and jump into the water. I quickly set up my camera, walked quietly over to the edge of the lake and waited. It wasn't long until this otter appeared and gave me some great pictures. He must have jumped into the lake 3 or 4 times and them came out and played on the snow on the edge of the water. What an amazing and beautiful animal that God has created. It amazed me how he could shake off the water on his coat and look dry - all without the use of a towel. I always thought winter was a rather dull time to take pictures. I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment