Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lessons learned too late...






What does it take for lessons to sink in and take effect in our lives? Some lessons we learn almost instantly and others take a few times to get through our thick head. Today God taught me a lesson that I think finally sunk in. Linda and I were traveling through the Michigan Up and stopped at Manistique to take a few photos of the lighthouse. Last year when I was shooting the lighthouse the wind and waves were quite high and I got soaked while taking photos. It was worth it, because the photos turned out great with a lot of drama of the waves. Again today, the waves and wind was strong and I got as close as I could to take a few shots. I decided to take a few steps closer to the edge of the wall so I could get a shot of the waves breaking over the wall. As I was shooting away, all of a sudden a big wave came over the wall and before I knew it I was soaked from head to foot. Praise the Lord my camera case was latched and things inside were safe. My camera did get a bath, but I think it is all right. My wonderful wife did not say a word, but I think I know what she was thinking. We headed for Hardees where I changed clothes and then we continued on our trip. Lesson Learned??? Hopefully! Notice the first photo. That was taken just before the big wave. the second photo was taken as the wave hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment