Friday, February 6, 2015

Three Trips North

It always amazes me how God works out the details in our life. A few weeks ago a man gave me 2 older Nikon film cameras, which he had not used in years. The cameras needed some cleaning and some work done on them, but they are worth the effort. Monday of this week, I made a trip to Duluth to do some shopping and to take a few pictures on the way. I also took one of the Nikon film cameras with me to see if First Photo would know how I could get it cleaned up and usable. They suggested a man named Gerry, who lived a few blocks away and who has been working on cameras for over 35 years. As soon as I walked into his house, I knew that I would like this older gentleman. His table was covered with cameras and camera parts. He took one look at my camera and told me that it was a great camera and that he could fix it up. He knows more about film cameras in his little finger than I do in my whole body. I left the camera with him, but had to come back on Wednesday to get it and to bring him the other camera to look at and to clean up for me. To clean that camera up only took about an hour, so I didn't have to make a another trip north. I was very pleased with this man and his knowledge of cameras. Then yesterday, I was having problems with my Nikon D7000 - The lens was stuck on and no matter what I tried I could not get it off. IT WAS STUCK!!!  So today I made another trip to Duluth to visit my new friend, Gerry. Sadly he was not able to get the lens off either, so I either have to send it into Nikon or leave the lens on and use it as is. So it wasn't a wasted trip I stopped by Patterson Park and took photos of the falls. That made the trip worth while, as I looked over God's frozen splendor. God does work out the details, even in 3 trips to the North.











No comments:

Post a Comment