Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Clear Lake Swans





Last night at Camera Club one of the men mentioned that he had taken some pictures of swans at Clear Lake - Thanks Tom! This morning I decided to brave the 8 degree cold and take a trip to Clear Lake. I was not disappointed. I bundled up and prepared my camera and headed for the lake. When you look at the photos they seem a little foggy. That is not fog - It is frost coming off the lake. How these creatures of God can handle this bitter cold water, I have no idea. In 20 minutes I took over 200 photos and then got out of there to my warm car and turned on the heater. The ones I am posting are a few of the better ones. My body is still shivering, but it was worth the effort. Even the frost is a wonder of a great and Holy God!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! great shots! Guess I will have to make that one of my next stops!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots Frank! I especially like the 2nd one above. - Jason Rizzo

    ReplyDelete