Sunday, May 4, 2014

Signs of Spring

Saturday afternoon was a great time to take a long walk in the woods. It was a beautiful day and signs of spring were everywhere. Almost all of the photos I shot were closeups of decaying wood or interesting designs in the wood. My goal was to shoot beautiful pieces of art out of that which would normally be old and decaying. With things greening up it made for some great contrast between green and brown. One of the highlights of my walk was when I neared the end of the trail and met a couple that was taking pictures of this small blue flower.They were excited because the flowers were beautiful and it was a sign of spring. The couple was originally from Norway and now living in the Twin Cities. The woman told me the name of the flowers: I think it was Hepatica americana. All winter long I have waited for this time when things start to bloom and take shape. 









No comments:

Post a Comment