Thursday, May 5, 2016

How to Goose a Goose?

One thing we do not lack here in N.W. Wisconsin is Canadian Geese. They are here by the thousands (and so are the little presents they leave behind - Goose Grease). This is an amazing time of year as they lay their eggs, mind the nests and as the baby gosling are born. Just as amazing is watching the parents train and raise their young. This afternoon, I had the joy of taking a few pictures of these special families at the Rice Lake beach. As I was shooting, I saw something that totally blew me away. While a mom and dad goose, were attending to their young, another goose came near and interfered and a goose fight broke out - not once but twice. What a commotion! Now I know what they mean when they say, "Madder than a wet hen!", and they were mad and protective. Here are a few photos from today of the geese and also a duck thrown in.



















No comments:

Post a Comment