Thursday, June 21, 2012

If I were a Butterfly...

Because of doing VBS in Superior this week, I have not had a lot of time to take photos. Today I did manage to take about an hour and travel down the road to Whallen Lake. Today, after the rains, the butterflies were out in force. All I had to do was keep pulling the trigger of the camera and the butterflies did the rest. When our son, Eric was a kid he would sing the song "If I were a butterfly, I'd thank You Lord for giving me wings..." It was a very simple song that reminded us to be thankful for what god has given us and to use the talents and abilities he has given us for Him.here is the first verse and the chorus of that old song. If you know it, sing along... 

 If I were a butterfly, I’d thank you Lord for giving me wings
If I were a
robin in a tree, I’d thank you Lord that I could sing
If I were a
fish in the sea, I’d wiggle my tail and I’d giggle with glee
    But I just thank you Father for making me, me

    For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
    You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
    And I just thank you Father for making me, me

 Words and Music by Brian Howard




No comments:

Post a Comment