Friday, November 30, 2012

Railroaded Letters.





Years ago, both Spooner and Trego, Wisconsin were Railroad towns. Spooner's school mascot is a train. Most of the year the "Pizza Train" runs out of Spooner and heads north to Springbrook and, of course goes through Trego. Spooner also has the Railroad Museum. Yesterday and today, I spent time at the museum taking photos of the trains and equipment. One of the things I noticed was the unique lettering on the old trains and thought they would be great for letter art. Several months ago I purchased a box of photo sleeve with a stick-able backing. They were perfect for the project. One of the things that I really enjoy about the lettering, is that is is far from perfect. They are old, rusty and faded. Some of it is railroad graffiti. Whether these sell or not, it is fun putting them together and I can spell out almost any word I like. God is the same way with us. Even though we are FAR from perfect, He loves us and sent His Son to an imperfect world to give us eternal life.
   If you would like to purchase letters, they are $1.50 each. Send me a note with what letters you would like and where to send them to. Fdistad@Gmail.com or call 715-939-0601 The letters are 4" x 6" and include the sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment