Monday, June 8, 2020

Lady Slippers

    A couple of days ago our door bell rang and there was one of our summer neighbors, Red. He knew I took photos so was wondering if I could take a few photos of something down the road. Just across the road from our house was a batch of Lady Slippers growing in the woods. I have seen as many as 5 or 6 in a batch, but there must have been 35 - 40 of them at this sight. That day and yesterday I took quite a few photos of these beauties. Red noticed that on the hill side there was a white Lady Slipper. This is a very rare sight. I have never seen an albino Lady Slipper. These flowers do not hang around long, so I knew I had to take as many photos as I could now. In a few days they would shrivel up and be gone. The only down side to photographing these flowers in the woods is that my sinuses really flared up. Yesterday at church I was sniffling and sneezing, which is not good with today's pandemic. What an amazing God we have to "treat" us with such a blessing as these gracious flowers.


The White Lady Slipper. How amazing!















No comments:

Post a Comment