Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ducks and Tulips

This has been a very strange week. The first part of the week we had snow and now the last few days have been more spring should be. Monday, after we had the snow I decided to see if there were any flowers peeking through the snow. Esther, in Trego, always has a beautiful garden of flowers, so I decided to check out her flower bed. Sure enough the tulips were up and covered with snow. The red tulips and the white snow make a great contrast in color. People complain about snow in April, but God sure knows how to beautify things up.




   Then Tuesday I was looking for things to shoot and I ended up at Trego bridge by Canfields campground. As I was walking toward the bridge I saw these 2 ducks in the lake. I thought for sure that by the time I got near and got my camera ready they would take off. They just sat there in the water swimming around for quite a few minutes before they were spooked. I found out by looking online that they were the "Common Merganser". They sure are beautiful ducks. Now my only question is which one is the male and which one is the female?

No comments:

Post a Comment