Friday, April 13, 2012

Wisconsin Point Visited again

Yesterday, I had the privilege of giving the message at my Aunt Lil's funeral in Moose Lake, Mn. It was strange seeing some of my cousins that I have not seen in many years. The funeral went well, as it was a time of remembering my aunt and the stories of times past. Aunt Lil was known for knowing the family history better than anyone else in the family. She could remember things that happened 50 years ago, so we knew who to go to if we wanted to know about the early years. She also had humorous stories about all of us and would tell us those stories every time we talked with her. She will be dearly missed.




    After the funeral, I decided to take the long way home and travel to Superior and take pictures at Wisconsin Point. I have taken many pictures of this lighthouse, and yet each time I come away shooting it from a different angle or in a different type of weather. The one photo looks like a stick is holding up the lighthouse. Yesterday was actually a beautiful clear day and yet cold and windy. On the west side of the lake, I shot these pictures of an old tree that was mostly in the water. I think it is amazing how an old tree can be so beautiful in the right setting.

1 comment:

  1. nice tribute to your aunt! Love the images...love WI Point...

    ReplyDelete