Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Photo Ministry idea

For the past year and a half, I have contemplated the idea of starting a photo ministry where I can teach not only photography, but also teach a few Biblical truths at the same time. I considered several different methods of teaching and finally realized that a hands on training is the most effective. The name of the ministry will be PhotoGenesis, as we will be teaching about Photography and Creation. The ministry simply is taking students on photo shoots right here in N.W. Wisconsin to take pictures of wildlife, area scenes, animals, flowers, buildings and whatever is available. Along with learning how to use their camera they will also learn the many faces of composition. Here are the basic details:

   Who is this for? Any one from 9 - 90 years old who enjoys photography or would like to learn more about taking photos.
   How many can go at one time? From one person to a small group. (For small groups we will need chaperones and helpers.)
   When? When ever it fits into your schedule and mine. Photo Shoots can be a couple of hours or a whole day. 
   Costs? I don't charge for my services, but their may be costs for food and gas.

 
   If interested please contact me:
   Frank Distad  - Trego, Wi.
   Fdistad@Gmail.com
   715-635-9426  or 715-939-0601
   (A ministry of InFaith)

(If you have any suggestions or comments about this new ministry, PLEASE send me a note and let me know what you think. I am looking for creative help with this photography teaching tool. If you know how I can better promote this and get the word out, that would be greatly appreciated. There are still a few wrinkles to iron out and I can use all the help I can get. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!)





1 comment:

  1. great idea...I have wanted to get involved with youth and photography for healing and stress relief...take off with this idea...more structure tho...set times/dates...that way people can schedule their lives and that of their kids :D

    ReplyDelete