Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wrong Turns - Right Turns



It never fails! Every time I go out to take photos of the area, I inevitably take a wrong turn and end up where I was not planning on going. Many times it ends up being a "right turn" instead of a "wrong turn". Today I thought I was going down one road and somehow ended up on Highway 77 east of Minong. This actually turned out to be a very good thing. As I traveled past a lake there in a tree was a lone Eagle, just waiting for me to take his picture. He just sat there for several minutes posing for the camera and then finally flew off. I went down the road a little further and there was another eagle in a tree. For probably 8 or 9 minutes he sat there as I shot him, then he too flew off. I thought that must be the end of it, until I looked back and there in another tree was 2 eagles sitting there. They may have been the same eagles I just shot. It was perfect. the sky was clear and blue for a background and they sat there staring at each other. They must have been a couple, because one of them was hissing and pecking at the other one trying to chide him. It always fascinates me that when I make plans for the day, God has a way of changing them and His way is always better than my own. New Year's Day, my plan was to take it easy and catch up on some office work and go out to take a few pictures. When I went to turn my laptop on, the hard drive was fried, so I ended up making a trip to the Twin Cities to take the laptop to my son, the computer tech, to work on and hopefully fix. Praise God for a son that understands computers. God had a better plan for me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment