Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Birch Curls Black and White








Yesterday I decided to go for a walk in the woods to get some exercise and to take a few photos. Did I say a "few"? When I was done, I thought maybe I took 100 pictures, but in reality it was over 250. As I got to the edge of the trail into the woods, I noticed that the trail was freshly groomed. In fact the man was still grooming it. That made my trek a little easier. Even in the winter, the birch trees had amazing color and I loved the way the bark curled. The contrast of the shadows of the bark and the white of the trees and the snow, made transferring them into Black and White an easy choice. As color shots they are beautiful, but in Black and White they really come alive and stand out.

1 comment:

  1. Frank, I just visited your blog for the first time and I love it. Your photographs are very lovely. Thanks for sharing them. Wanda

    ReplyDelete