Friday, March 6, 2015

Cedar Wax Wing Heaven!

There is a wild cherry tree near the Dinner Bell Restaurant in Trego. Last winter after a heavy snow the tree was covered with Cedar Wax Wing birds and I was able to take quite a few photos of them as they ate the berries. Today was another of those special days. The birds were back in force. At one time there must have been 100 of them or more just in the tree. They flew in like a breeze and covered the tree and ground. They would stay on the tree for several minutes, fly off to nearby pine trees and then 10 minutes later they would be back. I was able to sit there in my car, with the engine off and window down and just keep shooting. Even after leaving for a couple of hours, when I came back there they were. To me these are one of the most beautiful birds in the area and so very colorful. They are indeed one of God's glorious creations! This is just a sampling of the photos taken today!



















No comments:

Post a Comment