Monday, November 12, 2018

Cranes and Barns

I have been known to take a few pictures of barns over the years. I don't think I can add up all the different barns that I have shot. The amazing thing is that everyone is different and has a story of its own. This past Saturday I was at a craft sale and as people looked at my barn pictures and calendars, they kept expressing that it was good that I take these photos now. In a few years these old barns would be gone. To prove this, there is a barn in Ashland County that over the past few years I have photographed again and again. The last time I was there the barn was flat on the ground. My heart was broken!
  I also have acquired a taste for taking photos of Sand Hill Cranes. Today I was able to combine the love for barns and cranes. As I drove down Highway 53 toward Rice Lake, there on the other side of the road was a field full of cranes - RIGHT in front of a barn in the distance.  I turned around, stopped the car and started to take pictures. Then it happened. The birds started to take off - right in front of the barn. My camera just went click, click, click in a joyous celebration! God's perfect timing!!! These photos are a result of today and a few from yesterday. Enjoy and God Bless...









No comments:

Post a Comment