Monday, March 4, 2013

Swan Lake Photo Shoot.






One of the winter "hot spots" around here for photographers is Clear Lake, Wisconsin. Because of a nearby factory the waters in the park lake do not totally freeze and this draws a group of swans that stay for the winter. There are also a few geese that hang around. Today was a perfect day for a photo shoot. After I parked the car by the side of the road, I climbed over the guard rail and went down the ditch until I was just a couple of feet from the water. It ended up being a great place to shoot. At first the swans squawked and started heading to the center of the lake, away from me. But after awhile, their curiosity got the better of them and they came very close to shore, while I just stood their and clicked one picture after another. Within 45 minutes I managed to take about 550 or more pictures. After post production on the computer, I narrowed it down to about 70. Of all the ducks that God created, the swan is one of the most fascinating and beautiful. It is hard to take a bad photo of a swan in a lake.
   My personal favorite is the last one with the swan shaking his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment