Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trego Eagles




Even though today was misty and dreary, I decided to go around the block to see if there was anything to take photos of. I finally gave up and headed for home going south on Highway 53 toward Trego. Then I saw it - an eagle having lunch on the side of the road eating road kill. I made a quick u-turn and pulled over just past where the eagle was. This eagle was pretty scroungy looking with wet and ruffled feathers. As I pulled over, the eagle saw me and headed for a tree on the other side of the road. He stayed in that tree for what seemed like forever and let me photograph him. He was waiting very patiently for me to leave, so he could go back to his lunch. Even a ruffled feathered eagle is a beautiful creature. They are one of God's most majestic and glorious birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment